Tuesday, June 27, 2017
Self Storage - Choosing The Best Facility
So for whatever reason you have decided to store some of your stuff at a self storage facility, but don't know how to choose the best one. You might think that the self storage place right around the corner is the best place for you. Or is it? All self storage facilities are not created equal. There are three most important things you have to look for in selecting the best self storage plant in your area:
2. Customer Service
Look for a self storage facility that offers many security features:
1. Is it fenced? Not just on the front, but also in the back and sides. That way, unwelcomed visitors will be deterred from entering the storage facility.
2. Is there a sliding security gate? The only people on the grounds permitted would be the customers who have there own personal security code. Others who would just want to take a "tour" of the place would be prevented from entering.
3. Is the self storage facility well lit? Are there outdoor lights around the facility? Do they come on automatically at dusk and off at down?
4. Is there video surveillance? Does the facility have enough cameras to monitor the entire facility and record any motion 24/7?
5. Is the facility "locked down" during the night? Although you should have access to your unit whenever you would like, security should be in place so that there is no access during the late night and early morning hours, let's say from 10 p.m. until 6 p.m. This action prevents any kind of mischief, robbery or vandalism that could occur.
6. Can you lock your unit using your own lock? You should be able to use your own lock on your self storage unit and not have to give a copy of the key of the self storage office. After all, it is your own stuff.
It should be easy to contact someone at the self storage facility.
1. When you call, does a person answer promptly and courteously? Many times you would like information as soon as possible. Is the person knowledgeable? Does the person ask what you are going to store and recommend the best size unit for your needs?
2. If you leave a message, is your call returned in a timely fashion? How long do you have to wait for a response to your call? If you have to wait awhile for call back, how long will you have to wait for an answer if you have a question about your unit?
3. Is the self storage manager helpful? Many times people renting a storage unit for the first time are not quite sure what to ask. An excellent owner or manager should be able to recommend the best size unit to fit your needs, recommend the best type of lock to use on your unit, and the best way to store your belongings in a self storage unit.
4. Are your questions answered to your satisfaction? If the person can not answer your questions to your satisfaction, will they make an effort to find the answer by asking someone else?
5. Are you invited to take a look at available self storage units? You should be able to visit any self storage facility to look at available self storage units without any kind of obligation to rent a unit. Appointments should also be available to accommodate your busy schedule.
Great facilities are apparent the first time you see them.
1. Is the facility in good repair? Self storage units are kept clean; and the ceilings are insulated and have raised concrete pads to keep the unit dry.
2. What about the driving area? Driveways are paved and maintained. A dirt or gravel driveway most likely will be rutted so vehicles would bottom out and kick dust into your self storage unit. Any water is directed away from your storage unit and into drainage areas.
3. Are the grounds taken care of? Landscaping and signs are evident, well placed and taken care of. Grassy areas should be mowed and driving areas kept clear of obstacles. These are all signs that the owner/operator cares about the quality that his/her business offers.
Your experience with a self storage facility will be greatly rewarding if your follow the above guidelines. Customer service, security, and maintenance go hand in hand. With wonderful customer service, your move into a self storage unit should be positive and easy. With modern and state of-the-art security you can be rest assured that your belongings are safe and secure. And finally, with a well maintained facility, you can be sure that the owner is concerned about you, your belongings and the quality of care you receive.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/6738916