Wednesday, May 31, 2017
There are many reasons why you might decided to use self storage, from looking to create more space for living to temporarily having no home at all while shifting. Here are some of the main reasons why you might choice to use self storage.
Selling a home:
When selling your property its sometimes best to remove some of the clutter and excess belongings around the home to make your home look more presentable. This will help create the illustration that there is more living space and create a favourable impression on your potential buyer. Self storage is great in this situation as you can temporarily store your excess items until your house has sold. Real estate agents will often suggest you de-clutter your home in order to create more interested buyers and a higher selling price and using mobile storage is a great way to do that.
This means a mobile self storage company can temporarily store unnecessary ornamental, old lounges and furniture that are not needed for day to day living. Some self storage facilities offer a free no obligation quote at your home to accurately assess the storage space you will need and can even provide a removal solution. Other (mobile storage companies) will pick up the items from your home and store them for you then deliver them when needed to your new home.
People who collect everything:
If your the type of person who holds on to things for sentimental reasons or because you may need an item sometime in the future self storage is a great option. Traditionally we were taught to hang onto everything by our parents and grand parents as they lived in times when things were tough and resources were scarce. Today however, with the rapid turnover of technology and electronic devices many of this items accumulate in the home unnecessarily. Many people use self storage to store these extra items so they can could to collect items without the hassles at home.
Building a new home or renovating:
Most people when they decided to build will move in with the in laws and have to store their stuff somewhere. When it may not be the best item to store your stuff on your in laws lawn so self storage is your best bet. This is a very common reason for using self storage and because self storage is month by month you can remove the items when you need them again. With mobile storage it may even be possible to store your items on your property with special arrangements with the mobile storage company.
Unfortunately divorces are becoming increasingly common in our society. Often couples will have to split up their items or one person will have to leave the home and temporarily store their items somewhere. This may even include a car, a boat, tools and household items. Self storage facilities are used to these circumstances and will use discretion and privacy in regards to your situation.
You might be deciding to travel for work or pleasure for an extended period. Self storage is the easiest way to keep your stuff stored securely while you are away. If you are renting or sub letting your home, people often feel more comfortable storing their valued belongings in a secure facility than in their home when they are away. self storage facility. A mobile storage company will pick up your belongings from your home and deliver them to the self storage facility.
Sadly family members pass away and when the death of a loved one occurs you often will have to deal with the affairs of the estate. Self storage facility managers will be understanding and compassionate to help understand your situation while you deal with the estate and the belongings.
Moving back home:
Maybe its time you need to downsize your home or maybe the one of the kids wants to move back home again. Where is your son or daughter going to put all their furniture or other possession, well if you don't want them shoved all over the house or in the garage then self storage is a great alternative. This is a great option is your kids may move in or out more than once and you can use mobile storage to easily have their stuff store and delivered when needed without the hassle of rearranging your home.
For people in apartments and shared housing self storage can become part of life. With limited space self storage because like your own personal shed. For those will hobbies from model trains through to boating, a self storage facility may be the best place to store your favourite hobby equipment. Since self storage facilities give you 24 hour access you'll be able to be there whenever you wish.
So there are some of the reasons why you may be considering using self storage. Self storage companies usually give you a minimum contract time of a month, other than that you are free to have access to or remove your good whenever you want, there are no lengthy contracts like a lease or rental and your goods and stored safely and securely.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/2710381
Sunday, May 28, 2017
Loading a moving truck properly ensures that your items will remain the most protected and help you to maximize packing space. The key to loading is to be organized and load the truck in tiers. Protect each item with furniture pads, or filling materials and stretch wrap when necessary. Here are some tips on how to load a moving truck that will ensure your household goods are protected and secure during your move.
Thursday, May 25, 2017
In this video, I show you a bunch of different ways to organize your room with a DIY storage box that can act as a DIY desk organizer, nail polish storage idea, paint display or storage, shelf organizer, makeup organizer, how to clean your closet, how to organize your closet, and bunch more!
Monday, May 22, 2017
Moving is always a time of transition. This is especially true when that transition involves moving to a place with less storage space. It might be a place with fewer bedrooms, the loss of a basement or attic, or more people living without more room. Whatever the cause, you might be faced with self storage requirements.
Save yourself time, stress and money on your self storage/ mini storage needs with the tips in this article.
Self Storage: The Basic Steps
1. Identify the size of the self storage unit you'll need and how long you'll need it.
2. Make a "Self Storage Feature List" of the features you'll need (climate control, security, location, 24 hour access)
3. Develop a list of potential self storage locations. Check your list against _______. 4. Visit top self storage locations and compare them against
5. Make your final choice and sign the contract.
Self Storage Step 1: Identify the size of the self storage unit you'll need and how long you'll need it.
Just to point out the obvious, you'll save money and time by putting fewer, smaller items into self storage. That means you're better off doing one or more of the following with excess items:
· Sell them at a moving sale.
· Donate them to charities such as Goodwill, The Salvation Army or The Purple Heart.
· Give them away to people who can use them now and value them.
· Store them with family or friends IF it's for a very brief time and they're willing.
Once you've eliminated what you can, it's time to figure out how much space you'll need. Self storage units vary from one location to another, but here are some basic sizes and guidelines, adapted from "The Storage Place Inc" website:
· 5' x 5': holds a small number of boxes or small bedroom furniture.
· 5' x 10': holds a few pieces of furniture, including a couch.
· 10' x 10': holds the contents of a small, one-bedroom apartment.
· 10' x 15': holds the contents of a small, two-bedroom apartment.
· 10' x 20': holds the contents of a small, two-bedroom house or a small car.
· 10' x 25': holds the contents of a larger, two-bedroom house or a larger car.
· 10' x 30': holds the contents of a three-bedroom house, or the contents of a 36-foot moving van.
· 10' x 40': holds the contents of a four-bedroom house.
Use this list to narrow down the size of space you'll use.
Self Storage Step 2: Make a "Self Storage Feature List."
After deciding on the size of self storage unit you'll need, to identify what features you want to go with it. Think of it as a "shopping list" for comparing self storage units.
It's a good idea to break down the features into 3 categories based on how important they are to you:
* A - Absolute musts. If a self-storage unit does not have this feature, you won't consider it.
* B - Better to have than not. These are features that would be plusses, but not required.
* C - Couldn't care less. As the name would imply, these features may exist, but don't really matter to your decision.
Here is our list to help you get started:
· convenient location
· climate control
· 24-hour direct access
· monitored security cameras
· security guards on premise
· sprinkler system
· alarm system
· insurance available
· payment methods accepted
Self Storage Step 3: Develop a list of potential self storage facilities.
Now that you know what you're loking for, it's time to begin the search process. You can kick off the process by investigating five of the most popular self storage companies:
· Public Storage
· U-Haul (yes, the same company that offers truck rentals)
· ExtraSpace Storage
· United Stor-All
Check your self storage candidates against the Self Storage Feature List that you created earlier. Any facilities that are missing "A - Absolute must" features should be crossed off.
Self Storage Step 4: Visit top self storage locations and compare them against one another.
Yes, I realize that actually taking the time to visit each of your top choices isn't convenient. However, there are things you will discover by visiting that you wouldn't otherwise. How does the location look? Does the neighborhood seem stable? Is the facility as easy to reach as you imagined? What's the condition of the existing storage units? Does the place seem well-maintained?
Take notes at each facility and clearly mark which property you're visiting. Eliminate from your list any of the locations that seem sketchy.
Self Storage Step 5: Make your final choice and sign the contract.
If you've followed all the previous steps in this article, this final step should be relatively easy. Try to order each of your final candidates by how well they did in each category. If you're finding it difficult to choose your top pick, try eliminating your least favorite option first, then repeat the process until you have your final pick.
Please note that the price of the monthly rate is a very important factor, but it isn't the only factor. There's something to be said about paying for peace of mind- if you lay awake at night worrying about the safety of your belongings, you've made the wrong choice.
Speaking of rental rates, be sure to ask your self storage facility manager if they provide any of the following discounts, programs or bonuses that might apply to you:
· First or last month free
· Rental discounts for seniors, students, or military personnel
· Discounts on related items or services such as moving boxes and supplies, rental trucks or moving companies
When signing the final contract, you may be offered insurance coverage. Make sure that you aren't already covered by your homeowner's insurance, and be very clear about exactly what is covered, whether damaged or stolen items are reimbursed at replacement cost levels, and what any deductibles may be. Ideally you wouldn't be storing anything of value in an unattended storage unit, but if you are, you want to make certain you aren't paying for insurance coverage that doesn't fully protect you.
These steps should allow you to have a successful self storage rental experience.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/3129384
Friday, May 19, 2017
Tuesday, May 16, 2017
We all have a tendency to accumulate too much stuff. If that's you, there's no need to feel guilty about it - especially when there's a perfect solution that doesn't involve getting rid of your prized possessions. Maybe you just need to find somewhere else to keep the things that are special, but don't need to be on display. A self storage unit is the perfect way to make your life less stressful. Here are 10 ways that self storage units can be valuable:
1. You can use a self storage unit to keep that extra furniture that you just can't bear to part with. You never know when you or someone else might need it and you know how expensive it will be to buy more. Maybe you've downsized your home and you don't need so many beds, tables and chairs. A self storage unit is a great place to keep your spare furniture until you are ready to decide what to do with it.
2. If you're lucky to be going overseas on a long-term holiday, you don't want to sell everything and have to start again when you return. It's much more sensible to rent a self storage unit for the duration of your time away. When you return, you'll be able to set up house and get back to normal more quickly than you expected.
3. Perhaps your kids have left home but they haven't taken all their worldly possessions. You want the house to yourself at last, but you don't want to get rid of their stuff. It's hard to know what they'll need and what they'll be happy to part with - and it's hard to pin your kids down to make a decision. Instead of fretting about all that, a self storage unit is a great value for money way of solving the problem. The kids' gear will be there when they need it and you'll have the house to yourself. Perfect!
4. If you are a sports lover, your garage is probably full to the brim with sporting equipment. If it means you can't fit the car in the garage, you might need to have a rethink. A self storage unit is a great solution. Your sports equipment will be safe, secure and kept at the right temperature. You can even set the unit up so it's all stacked and shelved to make life really easy. Just drive in, pick up the gear and off you go.
5. Maybe you have a hobby that needs its own space. It might be fixing an old car, making model airplanes or any number of other activities. If that's you, then you know what it's like when other people move your stuff. To make sure everything is left exactly the way you want it, rent a self storage unit for your hobby gear and you'll never have to worry about it again.
6. Life can generate a lot of excess paperwork and a lot of it can't just be thrown away. If you feel like you're fighting a losing battle with paper, documents and archived records, consider a self storage unit. It will make a big difference to your stress levels and keep your documents safe.
7. Sometimes you need a workshop or a studio to potter about in at the weekends and there's just nowhere suitable at home. A self storage unit is the ideal answer. You can get away by yourself, get creative and then get back to reality when you're ready. And you know that all your workshop materials will be in one place when you need them again.
8. If you've sold the house and haven't found a replacement, you might be thinking of a temporary solution. But what do you do with all your gear? A self storage unit is the answer. They come in several sizes, including a size that's just right to hold a houseful of possessions.
9. When you're trying to sell your home, the best thing to do is to go for the minimalist look! That means decluttering big time. But what do you do with all the extra stuff? A self storage unit is just the right answer. Your prospective buyers will be amazed at the look of your home and be much more likely to put in an offer - which means you'll be able to move to your dream home much more quickly.
10. If you have some really valuable possessions that don't look right in your home, it's hard to know what to do with them. One option is to store them in a self storage unit. You know they'll be safe and secure and - who knows - they might even increase in value!
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/6400615
Saturday, May 13, 2017
Wednesday, May 10, 2017
STRAWBERRY BANANA PANCAKES
1 cup flour
2 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons baking powder
Pinch of salt
1¼ cup milk
1 tablespoon of butter, melted
Powdered sugar, to taste
Maple Syrup, to taste
In a large mixing bowl combine the dry ingredients.
Beat together the egg, milk and butter in a separate bowl, then combine with the dry ingredients.
Gently whisk the mixture just enough to moisten the flour to be sure not to over mix. Transfer the batter into a larger squeeze bottle.
On a non-stick pan, squeeze a quarter-sized amount of the batter. Flip when bubbles rise and the bottom has browned.
When the pancakes are done, start assembly from bottom to top with a pancake, strawberry, banana. Repeat twice finishing with a pancake on the top and a skewer down the center. Feel free to use any fruit combinations to your liking.
Finish with powdered sugar and maple syrup.
Sunday, May 7, 2017
Self storage is used by nearly 1 out of 10 American households to store their excess goods. In the recent past, self storage simply consisted renting a 'storage unit' from your neighborhood storage facility, however recently other options have become available, such as portable and ship-to-store options. In addition, not every self storage facility is the same anymore. In the past, almost every self storage facility consisted of the same metal buildings with roll-up garage doors, situated neatly between residential and commercial areas in every city. Today self storage facilities offer numerous different amenities and options including climate controlled units, units with interior access only, self storage facilities with multiple stories and different security and access options just to name a few.
Self Storage still most often pertains to renting a traditional self storage unit at your local self storage facility. Self Storage is often used during times of transition such as:
- Military deployment
- College/semester breaks
- Business excess (inventory, equipment, supplies, etc.)
The self storage rental process is fairly easy. Storage unit rental agreements are typically month-to-month and the entire process from the time you choose a facility until the time you can begin moving your belongings into your new storage unit typically takes less than half an hour. When renting self storage you must take your goods down to the facility and unload them into your unit. Many facilities offer the use of a rental truck to load your belongings. Sometimes as a promotion the rental truck is discounted or free to use for moving in.
Most storage facilities also charge a onetime administration or move-in fee. Once you have signed your lease then you alone have access to your storage unit. Most storage facilities will require some type of insurance on your goods. Sometimes your homeowner's policy will cover the contents of your storage unit; if not, almost all facilities will have insurance that you can purchase.
Most of the time you must provide your own lock, however many facilities will provide you with a lock either as a standard practice or as part of a move-in special. The disk lock is recommended as the most secure type of lock. Self storage facilities often have other security measures such as:
- Fenced in properties
- Electronic Gate Access
- Security Surveillance Cameras
- Bright Lighting
- On-site managers
Typically storage facilities will have office hours and gate hours. They usually follow normal business hours during the week and have limited hours on the weekends. Gate hours are the hours that you can get onto the property to access your unit. These are usually extended beyond the normal office hours and are typically somewhere around 6am - 10pm seven days a week.
Storage units range in size, with the smallest unit typically being 5'×5' and the largest being somewhere around a 10×30. Depending on the market you are living in you can find larger and smaller units. Large, heavily populated areas can offer self storage in a storage locker that is even smaller than 5'x5' and some storage facilities offer large garage type storage units that will hold a recreational vehicle. Ceiling heights are usually somewhere between 8 and 10 feet tall. Many facilities have model units to help you determine what size of unit you need. Most storage facilities sell everything you will need for packing and storing including boxes, bubble wrap, tape, mattress covers, and more.
You can typically count on holding on to your self storage unit in perpetuity as long as you continue to pay your rent. Most self storage facilities now offer automatic payment options using a credit card or automatic checking account debit. These options not only save you time and from having to remember to make the payment each month but can also save you from possibly losing your possessions if you forget to pay the rent for an extended period of time.
It is important to always notify your self storage manager of any changes in address, phone number, e-mail or other contact information so if they can reach you if they need to - whether they need to discuss rent payments that are due or need to notify you of scheduled maintenance at the facility that could affect you. When you no longer need your self storage unit it is important to make sure you notify your manager with the proper notice stipulated in your rental agreement. After moving out your possessions it is always important to clean your unit - cleaning to a "broom-sweep" level is normally acceptable. It is also a good idea to make the time to do a final inspection of the storage unit with the manager after the unit is emptied and clean. This is important so you are sure there is no damage done to the unit between the time you move-out and the next time the manager inspects it.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/5286015