6 Delicious Party Appetizers
Thursday, January 31, 2019
Monday, January 28, 2019
How To Wrap A Couch
This video demonstrates how to prepare a couch before a move. We show you how to wrap the sofa with shrink wrap and blankets, then secure it for moving.
Friday, January 25, 2019
How To Pack Your Items In To Storage
Showing how to pack a storage unit, getting the right boxes and packing materials and using professional movers are three crucial things when making things simple during a move.
Tuesday, January 22, 2019
How To Move Large, Heavy Objects
When moving large, heavy objects, it's advisable to use a back brace and to lift with the legs, while keeping the back straight. Learn about using dollies to shift the load of heavy objects with help from a remodeling specialist in this free video on moving heavy objects.
Saturday, January 19, 2019
Moving Day Essentials
Moving Day Essentials
Wednesday, January 16, 2019
What Are The Many Benefits of Using Self Storage For Home Owners and Business Owners?
There are many reasons homeowners and business owners make use of self-storage facilities. Self-storage offers numerous benefits and in this article, I will talk about some of the main benefits of using self-storage facilities.
Benefits Of Self Storage For Home Owners
Hoarding - when we have the desire to hold on to things, we want to create some space for those things so we can use them later on in our lives. Many people have this fear of throwing things which they think may be useful for them in the future. There are numerous examples of people in the self-storage industry of renting a storage space which they can use to collect items which they cannot store in their homes anymore. In most families, hoarding can cause a real problem because it creates an actual reduction in the living space. When we make use of self-storage facilities, we can clear that space in our homes and at the same time retain those items.
Reduce Clutter - whether it is home or office, storage space can help reduce clutter and free up the much-needed space.
Security - there is more security offered by self-storage facilities than we can find in homes. Apart from a simple lock, there are security fences, gated entry, surveillance cameras, exterior lighting, limited after-hours entry and security guards. If you have valuable items in the house which you are going to use, later on, it is best to put them in self-storage facilities.
Safety - the safety of your family is important and for this reason, it is not a good idea to have tools and other renovation-related equipment in the home. This is especially true if there are small children in the house. If you have tools such as drills, saws, ladders and other power tools lying around, consider keeping them in a storage facility. This will reduce the risks of accidents and injuries.
Space For Large Items - most people like the idea of owning ski boats, vintage cars, canoes, etc. If you do not have enough room for these items or if you are looking to provide protection against the weather conditions, then renting a self-storage unit can be the best choice for you.
A self-storage facility which is professionally run will allow you free access to your belongings at any time. They will provide you a code to enter the facility gates and your own key to the storage unit you have rented. Homeowners often use these self-storage facilities for peace of mind that their valuable or sentimental belongings are stored securely and safely. In a storage facility, you will find a secure environment which is clean and dry. The storage facility will be protected with various security systems ranging from 24-hour guard protection to CCTV security.
Benefits of Self Storage For Businesses
Before looking at the benefits, let us check out some of the main business uses for self-storage. These include:
- product and sample storage
- archive storage
- home office storage
- office relocation furniture and stock storage
- emergency storage such as in case of a storm, flooding, smoke damage, and fire
- seasonal stock storage such as Christmas stock during the festive season
- business stock overflow storage
Self-storage gives businesses increased flexibility. Whether it is a small business or a large business, they all need some kind of storage. There are many reasons for this which range from creating a mini-warehouse to take care of trade supplies to create a distribution point for a sales team.
Some of the main reasons why businesses need self-storage include:
Making the most of office space
Office spaces are quite costly these days and when you pay so much money on office space rental, you must ensure that space is being used to achieve maximum benefit. Offices which are filled up with less frequently used paperwork, excessive equipment, and unused furniture items or archive files can make work difficult. Moreover, a survey has revealed that an average company may end up paying about 1,200 a year to maintain space that is occupied by a medium sized filing cabinet. When you compare this amount with the cost of renting a self-storage unit to store that unnecessary or rarely used a filing cabinet, you will see that you can save close to 600 on just one filing cabinet. Today most companies have recognized the benefits of storing paperwork, rarely used furniture and equipment offsite by making use of self-storage facilities.
Are you looking to relocate just because you think that the current office space is not adequate to meet your needs? If so, why not consider freeing up some space by removing those unnecessary file cabinets, unused equipment and loads of paperwork which are rarely referenced. If you make use of self-storage facilities to store these rarely used items, there will be no need for an expensive relocation. Instead, you will be able to free up the much-needed space that will provide for easy expansion.
- rental is paid on a month to month basis which means that no yearly lease is required
- when compared to the cost of office space, self-storage rental rate is competitive
- businesses also get assistance when they need to move their items for free
- to make the best use of the storage unit, shelving can also be made available
- you can also receive discounts
- it is better to use office space to generate income rather than use it for storage
- keeping valuable documents offsite protects against natural environmental damages such as fire
- only you have access to your individual space
- you get 24-hour security for your valuable items
- Trolleys and pallet jacks making it easy to move your items
- It is easy to receive pallet deliveries
- You can access your items 7 days a week
- Packaging materials are available on site
- provides a flexible storage option for businesses which are stock-based
- flexible in terms of space as well as facilities
- there are a number of self-storage facilities which require just a day or 7 days notice to reduce or expand your storage space depending on your requirement
- flexible rentals
- no long term lease
- flexible facilities such as bulk storage, forklifts, loading bays, drive up units, etc
- short term commitment
However, before you choose a self-storage facility, consider the following eight essential questions.
1. What security measures are in place?
2. Does the facility offer 24/7 access?
3. Are there differently sized units available?
4. If the self-storage facility close to my home?
5. Can shippers drop off or pick up shipments?
6. Are there any kinds of discounts available?
7. Are the management professional and the facility clean?
8. Are there any hidden costs apart from the monthly rental?
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/6556396
Sunday, January 13, 2019
How To Protect Ramp & Floors When Raining On A Moving Day
How to protect ramp & floors when raining on a moving day by just placing or using rug runners.
Thursday, January 10, 2019
What to Know About Self Storage, Tips and Suggestions
There are many reasons why people choose to use storage units today. So what are some things you should know before using self-storage and what exactly can you store in these units?
Monday, January 7, 2019
How to Move a Refrigerator That Won't Go Thru The Door
How to Move a Refrigerator That Won't Go Thru The Door
Friday, January 4, 2019
Moving Supplies You Need for Your Move | Relocation.com
Packing and moving will go much more smoothly if you have all the supplies you'll need for your move. We tell you what you'll need, from the authority on moving.
Tuesday, January 1, 2019
Smashed to Bytes: Pack Your Computer Safely and Securely
Learn a quick and easy way to pack your computer for your move, from the Web's authority on moving, Relocation.com.
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)