STRAWBERRIES & CREAM FRENCH TOAST BAKE
10 slices of bread, preferably stale
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
2 tablespoons powdered sugar
1 cup strawberries, sliced
Whipped cream, optional
1. Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C.
2. Slice bread into bite-sized pieces. Spread evenly along the bottom of a greased 9x13 glass baking dish.
3. In a bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg until fully combined.
4. In a separate bowl, mix the cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth.
Whisk the egg mixture into the cream cheese mixture, and add the strawberries. Pour over the bread.
5. Bake 45 minutes or until bread is getting slightly crunchy and golden brown on top and edges. Top with whipped cream if desired.